The Carly is HERE!

So I’m going to go ahead and say it again, that the sizing of LuLaRoe is magical. I learned this week that  they fit test every single size. Most clothing companies fit test the small or medium, and then scale the pattern from there. LuLaRoe fit tests every single size!

Yesterday I got the Carly dress in the  mail–people in my group were asking about sizing. I know that buying clothes online is always a little nerve racking! So before my live sale I tried on five sizes! I got XS-XL in my box and here are my results!

IMG_2075

IMG_2076

IMG_2077

The X-Large which is my normal size fit most like the t-shirts I wear on the arms, but not a single one of the sizes felt tight on my arms or like the dress restricted my movement. So my conclusion, go with the print and length you want! The X-Small was definitely shorter on me. I’m 5’6″ for reference. I ended up keeping the medium because I liked the length and how it fit over my bust and then flared out a little from there.

So that’s my review on this awesome new dress! I haven’t taken it off since I tried it on! And I’m not someone who normally wears dresses!

26 thoughts on “The Carly is HERE!”

1. On September 1, 2016 at 6:42 pm Margie wrote:

Wow! I have to tell you that your post really helped me out! I have been so tentative to purchase one of these and your pictures really showed me how the item hangs on a body! I can’t thank you enough for doing this!

1. On September 1, 2016 at 7:30 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

Oh wow! Thank you so much for commenting! I’m so happy that my post was helpful! ❤️

2. On September 7, 2016 at 6:46 pm Andi wrote:

I bought one, too, based on your post. Thanks for helping to decipher the sizes!

1. On September 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

Yay! Thank you so much for reading! Hoping you’re loving your Carly!

3. On September 16, 2016 at 8:49 am Danielle wrote:

This was INCREDIBLY helpful for myself and a couple of other girls wanting a Carly but were on the fence about sizing. We keep hearing to size down one or two sizes, but to see it on a person is much more helpful! Thank you for this post!!

1. On September 18, 2016 at 8:06 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

You’re so welcome! Thank you so much for commenting! Made my day! <3

4. On September 21, 2016 at 4:02 pm Kathy Gee wrote:

Thank you for sharing sizes and fits! I am size 18 so I’ll look at Med and Large Carly’s (I wear XL or 2XL in other LLR fashions).

1. On September 21, 2016 at 8:08 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

you’re welcome! <3

5. On September 26, 2016 at 4:16 am Heather Stone wrote:

I just Google the Carly because I had no idea how the fitting looked outside of the model. I am not a one size fits me even in store shopping, so online is shear panic lol. Your post was a true help, thank you! The medium and small look fantastic on you! I now can look at the medium colors…yeah!!

1. On September 26, 2016 at 4:24 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

Shopping online can be very scary! I’m so happy my post was helpful! <3

6. On September 26, 2016 at 6:51 pm Cristy S wrote:

I am 5’3″, 140 lbs and a 36D. I am concerned about the bust area myself. What size would you suggest?

1. On September 26, 2016 at 7:51 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

Hey Christy!
      The bust on the Carly is extremely generous! I would take your normal t-shirt size, and then size down 1-2 sizes based on desired fit! I think you’d probably be an X-Small 😀

7. On September 26, 2016 at 8:46 pm Lindsay wrote:

What about someone 5’10” and athletic?

1. On September 26, 2016 at 10:43 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

Hey Lindsay! I would go with take your normal shirt size and then go down 1-2 sizes based on you desired fit! For me I am a size 16, and normally wear an XL. For my personal one I went with the Medium, you can see how the XL fits me, and how the other sizes do too! I liked how the Medium hugged my bust a little bit more, and then flared out, as opposed to flaring out from above my bust. You really can’t go wrong though!

8. On October 8, 2016 at 9:30 am Joan Shanahan wrote:

How do I join this group. Your post is so helpful for “fit”
    Joan Shanahan

1. On October 13, 2016 at 12:33 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

My group can be found here: https://mirandakanarr.com/shop
      The link will take you to my Facebook shopping group where you can
      request to join, and then see my weekly sales! <3

2. On July 16, 2017 at 4:19 pm Jalene replied:

And I was just worinndeg about that too!

9. On October 30, 2016 at 3:27 pm Lisa wrote:

Hands down BEST article on the internet!!💋💋😍😍👍🏻👍🏻😍💋🙏🏻❤️❤️🙌🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻💋😍❤️

10. On January 9, 2017 at 12:31 pm Yvonne wrote:

This post is what brought me to your website and to your LuLaRoe-Facebook! As a LLR newbie, I absolutely needed to see pictures because the whole “size up here but size down there and sometimes multiple sizes fit” left me a little confused. Thank you so much! 😊

1. On January 9, 2017 at 1:50 pm Miranda Kanarr replied:

Thank you for your comment! It’s so nice to hear that I can be helpful! <3

11. On February 11, 2017 at 9:50 am Tracy wrote:

Are Carlys made of different materials? I have a large Carly that is 54% Cotton 36% Polyester 6% Rayon 4% Spandex. It is long on me but actually fits really well in the bust area. I am 5’5, 170lbs, Bust size is 40DD. I would like to purchase more Carlys but am hesitate on buying other sizes.

1. On February 11, 2017 at 10:52 am Miranda Kanarr replied:

Hi Tracy! First off thank you so much for reading my blog post about the Carly!
      Second I am about a 38DDD and 5’6″ and more pounds than you haha. They are all made in different material blends.
      I prefer the fit of the medium myself, and I’ve tried many on. The best advice I can give you if you are concerned about
      fabric stretchiness is ask the consultant you are working with. I feel if at my size I can go all the way down to an XS and
      not feel like it’s too small in the bust/shoulders, then you’re pretty safe to experiment with sizing! Also check on the return policy the consultant you are working with has to ensure you find one you love! I’d be happy to help if you would like to join my group! <3

12. On February 14, 2017 at 8:35 pm Amy Crawford wrote:

Thank you!!! Seeing it on someone helps so much!!!! Like everyone else has said, lularoe sizing is confusing.

13. On March 11, 2017 at 1:06 pm Carol wrote:

I’m new to LuLaRoe and your photos and comments are so very helpful! Love this dress! Thank you!

14. On August 13, 2017 at 6:45 pm Kalli wrote:

I just made a sale today because of your post. THANK YOU!!! I had no idea how the Carly’s fit other sizes (I’m in the teen sizes myself) but after reading your post I felt confident in telling her what size to get 👍

1. On August 17, 2017 at 10:25 am Miranda Kanarr replied: