I added Amelia to my inventory not too long ago and haven’t written about it yet!
This dress is so classy! If you love LuLaRoe, and love Amelias I’m sure you already knew that! Dress it up, dress it down! Wear it with a blazer to work, heals for a date, or flip flops to the grocery store! Styling options to come, but first lets talk bout sizing!
The Amelia dress, like all LuLaRoe products come in a handful of different fabrics, the most common Amelia fabric however is called liverpool. I’ve noticed they produce a thinner fabric and a thicker fabric, both are very stretchy, and perfectly structured for the pleats and zipper in the dress. Also pockets! Perfectly hidden pockets, my favorite feature of the Amelia.
I’ve started doing size cards for every style – basically I try on as many sizes as I can fit to show you how versatile the garment is, but also you can gauge how different sizes fit on yourself! For instance I’m a size 16, my true to size feels like an XL. So say if you’re true to size is a medium, and you want to see how going down to a small or x-small would be you can still get an idea of how the dress fits going up or down a size for your body. At least that is my hope with doing these!
Notes on sizes –
- These 6 dresses are all the same material
- Large and XL felt very similar
- I really liked the medium, and liked how sizing down made the dress a little shorter, but being larger busted I felt a little bit like boobs on pleats.
- The small felt the same in fit to the medium, it still zipped just fine, but this was the only size that I felt was too tight across the bust kind of giving me uni-boob. Also was a touch tight on the arms
- Going up in size was really comfortable! I feel like it gives the dress a more laid back casual look, the waist drops down a little lower.